Global Communication Campaign Helped Increase Conference Revenue & Visibility for ICMA
PRINCETON JUNCTION, N.J.–Feb. 14, 2017– CMA Association Management’s strategic marketing and integrated communications division has been recognized with an award for excellence in social media by Association Trends, a leading association industry publication.
“Our in-house social media and public relations team is truly the best in the business,” said Jeffrey Barnhart, founder and CEO of CMA, which provides leadership and governance, association headquarters, membership and member programs, growth-engine platforms, financial oversight, event management and full-service marketing. “It is especially touching to receive this award as we celebrate our 30th year in the association management, marketing and communications business.”
CMA will be formally recognized at the Salute to Association Excellence luncheon on February 23rd at the Capital Hilton in Washington, D.C.
The goal of the social media strategy was to increase the International Card Manufacturers Association’s (ICMA) brand awareness, strategic relationships and support new programs that advance its mission.
ICMA is a nonprofit association of card manufacturers, personalizers, suppliers and related industry participants. With 225 members globally, ICMA serves as a resource for industry issues, including the production, technology, application, security and environmental challenges of cards.
The year-long campaign increased annual conference registrations by 16.4 percent (340 vs. 292) and increased annual conference exhibitors by 47.7 percent (65 vs. 44).
CMA refreshed all of ICMA’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, giving a cohesive look to all channels unifying the brand. Compelling posts were composed on each channel, strategic hashtags were researched and incorporated and all the artwork on each channel was updated to create a consistent online experience that supports ICMA’s brand.
CMA’s successful social media campaign achieved the following results:
- Website traffic grew: Users (+15.2 percent), sessions (+18.9 percent) and pageviews (+12.3 percent). Chinese visitors increased 22 percent, which was the largest increase in the last five years.
- Social media referral up 42.6 percent for Facebook, LinkedIn and two Twitter accounts.
- Increased annual conference registration by 16.4 percent (340 vs. 292).
- Increased annual conference exhibitors by 47.7 percent (65 vs. 44).
- Twitter and Facebook generated 920,863 impressions resulting in 7,646 engagements and 937 link clicks.
- Twitter and Facebook total reach for the year hit 11,283,339.
- Total fans increased by 408 percent on Facebook and Twitter with 2,307 new fans, or 1,763 new followers on Twitter and 96 new fans on Facebook.
- Engagement on Twitter and Facebook channels increased by 2,078.3 percent with 1,179 total Facebook engagements (an increase of 291.7 percent from the previous year) and 6,467 total Twitter engagements (an increase of 12,834 percent from the previous year).
CMA’s entire marketing and communications division is dedicated to building an association’s value proposition, motivating members and prospects and growing attendance at conferences around the world.
Barnhart’s company practices a “Growth Engine” mindset, which leads to association growth through creative strategies, such as royalty and affinity programs, strategic plan development, non-dues revenue generators and increased member resources.
In addition to earning more than 325 awards for the work CMA has produced throughout the years, Barnhart was named the first Entrepreneur of the Year by the Princeton Regional Chamber of Commerce in 1993 and CMA was named 2016 Outstanding Small Business of the Year by the MIDJersey Chamber of Commerce.
For more information about CMA Association Management, visit the firm’s new website at CMAassociations.com.
About CMA Association Management
CMA Association Management is a firm that utilizes its services to achieve measurable results for regional, national and international association clients for 30 years. CMA is triple-accredited and one of only 75 association management companies worldwide accredited by the AMC Institute and provides leadership and governance, association headquarters, membership and member programs, growth-engine platforms, financial oversight, event-management and full-service marketing. If you’re expecting results, please visit CMAassociations.com, call 800.852.4269 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.