CMA IN SEARCH OF EVENTS MANAGER:
The Events Manager is responsible for all aspects of event management for multiple associations including venue selection, contract negotiation, audio visual and food and beverage arrangements, room blocks, transportation and entertainment activities, and account reconciliation. The Manager reports to the Director of Operations.
Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs)
- Effectively negotiate terms and conditions with event venues to meet client expectations.
- Manage event budget to ensure appropriate expense management and provide recommendations for event management decisions.
- Maintain centralized events directory and documentation
- Produce, distribute and record requests for proposals for associations event venues
- Drive strategy and develop relationships between CMA and hotel chains and
- Develop and maintain relationships between CMA and AV companies to obtain best pricing
- Act as hotel POC
- Develop and implement best practices to prevent attrition
- Supervise on-site staff
- Determine, submit and execute applicable insurance applications
- Manage commission collections
- Develop positive rapport with client Board of Directors, committees, and members
- Lead Headquarters’ events reporting during Board meetings
- Experienced in Microsoft office suite
- Events management expertise
- Working knowledge of events management software
- Experience with mobile application creation and management
- Travel management
- Superior communications competence (verbal and written)
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional negotiation and relationship building skills
- Critical thinking for project solutions/completion
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Team Player]
Education/Experience – Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Certified Meeting Planner accreditation and/or 7+ years’ meeting management experience.